Friday, August 9, 2013

Flashback Friday

Friends with kids are deep in the throes of back-to-school shopping.  I know this not because school starts week after next here in Jefferson County, but because I've had a lot of friends tell me how much $$$ they've had to peel this week for school uniforms, shoes, fees, books, supplies, more fees, and more fees.  One friend showed me the list of supplies for one of her kids and it blew me away.  When I was in elementary school back in the Dark Ages, I don't think the school gave us a list.  Your parents bought the old school tablets according to your grade, and you got pencils, a binder, crayons and that was pretty much it.  The rest of the stuff was supplied by the school and was already in your classroom.  We've sure come a long way.

No comments: