Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Update Tuesday

Alarm Clock Oddity

It's happening again.  For the past three weeks, during the weekdays, I've been waking up at exactly 6:47 every morning.  I have my clock radio alarm set for 6:50.  It's something that I just can't explain.  It's not like my clock radio makes a noise three minutes before the alarm is set to go off and wakes me up.  It's just weird. So to compensate, I just lay there for those three minutes, and then when the radio comes on at 6:50, I quickly hit the snooze alarm and go back to sleep for another 9 minutes.


Deep Freeze Mystery Explained

After talking with Mom last night about the deep freeze thaw-out mystery, she finally shed some light on the mystery and you'll be happy to know what I was fully exonerated from all blame. The incident happened at our other home, which was across the street and up three houses. (Background:  my Dad and Grandpa built our current house and we moved into it when I was 6 years old.) To quote Mom verbatim about the ugly incident "It was a bloody mess when all of the meat thawed out."  You see, we used to buy a half a cow's worth of beef at a time, so our deep freeze was full of steaks, ground beef, and ribs.  While she never gave up who the culprit was, she did say that yours truly was totally innocent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wake up 3-5 minutes before my alarm goes off every morning.  Ahhh sweet bliss when I do it on the weekends and can roll over and go back to sleep!