Sunday, March 15, 2020

Surreal Sunday

I apologize for not posting yesterday.  The Old Man and I spent the day down in Elizabethtown visiting his two cousins and their spouses.  Cousin Cathy fixed an awesome old school dinner of pinto beans, fried potatoes, cornbread and ham, and topped it off with peach cobbler for dessert.  I think I was too full when we got home to even get on the computer.  

It rained on us the hour there and rained on us for the hour back to The Compound, but while in E-town, we stopped and filled up the Odyessy for $1.59 a gallon gas.  Can't beat that at all.

It's a little weird this morning, I will admit.  With church and pretty much everything else in the state cancelled due to the coronavirus, it feels a little weird.  As I sit here at the computer, I can look out the bedroom window and it looks eerily quiet outside, if that makes any sense. 

I'd already planned to take off tomorrow and Tuesday to help with an event that was going to be held at our church, but after that event was cancelled, I decided I needed a break and am going to enjoy a mini-vacation here at The Compound.  I plan to not sleep in tomorrow morning, and get to Kroger when they open at 7:00 to hopefully get my fresh fruits and veggies that we want for the next week or two.  I am proud to say that I went down to the Dollar General Store during lunch on Friday, and believe it or not, I was able to get over 75% of the items I had on my grocery list - most of it on sale.  Plus they had plenty of toilet paper and paper towels! We were ok on the TP but since they had plenty, I bought two 12-packs, one of which I delivered Friday night to someone that was down to a half a roll.

Now I'm going to take my coffee and go watch TV with the Old Man this morning, and enjoy just being together. 

No comments: