Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Covid19 Update 3-24-20

As the days have gone on, I've noticed that traffic in the drive to work and then from to work has been getting steadily lighter.  This morning, I got to work in record time - 12 minutes.  And that wasn't speeding, either.  

Work today was a bit different.  There was a noticeable different vibe in the office and out in the factory.  

We're still doing OK at The Compound.  We had an awesome supper of turkey and dressing tonight.  So in spite of everything going on around us, we are still eating (and drinking) well. 

Outside of The Compound, our friends aren't doing so well.  Yesterday, I found out that my childhood best friend that lived next door's son died of a heroin overdose.  And late last night, I found out a friend from church's sweet mother fell and had a soft-ball sized knot on her head, and had one eye swollen shut.  I just read that the swelling of the knot has gone down a bit, and she was sitting up in a chair in the hospital, proudly in her own gown instead of a hospital issued one.  She's a tough one.  

Stay tuned. 

No comments: