Friday, March 27, 2020

Covid19 Update 3-27-20

I had a change of attitude tonight.  I'd planned to visit the same bar/grill that I went to last Friday for fish.  When I got there and saw people standing shoulder to shoulder waiting for their fish, I had a big change of attitude.  I just went back home and we had a good supper from ingredients we already had.  

It finally hit home to me that the risk isn't worth it.  I'm already risking it every day going to work.  But I decided tonight I will not take unnecessary risks of the Old Man catching something from me.  Carryout food just is not worth it. 

We are hunkered down here at The Compound until I have to go to work Monday.  We have plenty of food, liquor and everything else we would need.  We'll enjoy being outside in our yard tomorrow and Sunday, away from everyone else.  

This was a hard realization for me - the person that used to go to a store just about once a day.  But when my Sweet Mother fell back in September and her hospitalization started and her eventual death, I stopped that.  I had only been going to the grocery on Saturdays, and only to the drugstore during the week if the Old Man had a prescription.  So not getting out to shop right now is no biggie for me. The Lord uses things like this to get our priorities in line.  

No comments: