Thursday, December 12, 2013

WTG, JTB, WTG!

Today at work, we had a retirement lunch/party for my old boss, JTB.  She is retiring at the end of the year.  First of all, let me say the party was awesome.  There was tons of awesome fried chicken, and all of us brought a dish.  We had hash brown casserole, pineapple casserole, lots of mac and cheese, and two of my personal favorites, cream cheese and olive spread and Texas caviar.  But I digress.  The focus was on my old boss, JTB.  

She was my boss when I started at Zoeller 23 years and 3 weeks ago in the Customer Service department.  At that time, we were in a small two-story building that used to be a furniture store way back in the day.  We've seen a lot of changes over the years.  JTB and I didn't always see eye-to-eye on everything, but through it all, I have to say that she was dedicated.  I honestly don't think I've worked with a person that was more dedicated and committed as JTB was. Looking back now in retrospect, I see where I learned a lot from her on what to do and what not to do as a boss.  

She gave a short speech today at the party, and she summed it all up by saying how no matter how old we are, we can never stop improving. 

I learned a lot from JTB, and I am happy that she is retiring while she's still young enough and healthy enough to enjoy her retirement; she's witnessed other coworkers who were not that lucky.   I'm sure she and her husband will be taking another big trip soon.  She deserves it.  

Rock on, JTB, rock on. 

No comments: