Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Electrifying

A crazy thing happened on Friday afternoon at work.  I was electrocuted.  Yep.  Electrocuted.  But I wasn't hurt, thank the good Lord.  I was unplugging my iPad from the charger that was plugged into the wall socket and as I was pulling the cord out of the little cube-like apparatus that plugs into the wall and that the cord plugs into, and the little cube-like apparatus exploded.  We had a loud pop, smoke, sparks and even flames.  It happened too quick for me to know what actually happened.  I looked down at my hand and my fingers were black. I immediately thought that they had been burned so badly that I had no feeling. Then I quickly realized that the black was from the smoke.  

I give props to my two younger employees (my third and oldest employee was not at work) for being concerned about their old boss because they both ran over after hearing the small explosion.  They even offered to drive me home if I needed it. 

I was fine, but for an hour or two after the explosion, my hand was a bit tingly.  

No comments: