Friday, December 13, 2013

Flashback Friday

We were chatting over our Friday night fish about how banking was back in the day.  You always had plenty of cash, and never had to worry about going to an ATM or to the bank to get cash. You weren't "rich" but you just always had cash.  And you never seemed to run out of cash before the next payday - be it a payday for my parents or Social Security check day for my grandparents (and today for my parents.)   Things might have gotten a bit lean, but I never remember my parents or grandparents running out of cash like we do today.  

Heaven help you if you're collecting money for a big work department meal or purchase, because nobody has cash these days.  I can probably count on one hand the number of work friends who actually still carry cash.  Everybody else depends on their debit card.  They need to wise up and realize that there will be power outages, and ATMs or store POS machines will not always be available.  

 

No comments: