Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flashback Sunday

I realize I've posted a few flashbacks this week, but this is my blog and I can post whatever I want.  That having been said, today I'd like to flashback to two events in history; one pretty darned important, the other, not so much. 

First the not so important flashback.  A year ago today, the temperature reached 107 degrees.  I remember it well. We were listening to the constant running of the trusty Trane air conditoner and it performed awesome under such high temps.  Looking back to that week of temps over 100 every day, I am so thankful for the a/c. 

Now the the most important flashback.  Fifty-five years ago today, my parents were married. While I can only flashback to the previous fifty years (well, most of them, anyway) I know that they were flashing back to that day in 1958, because I heard them talking about their wedding this morning.  In this age, being married to the same person for five years is a great feat anymore. For fifty-five years of marriage, both of them deserve all of the happiness they can handle. It made me so proud this morning to hear a young couple at church tell my parents that they are in inspiration to them. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad.  I am proud to be your daughter.

No comments: