Saturday, June 29, 2013

Flashback Saturday

I was waiting for my carry-out food earlier today and was watching the women's round at Wimbledon.  I smiled to myself as I remembered how much my Grandma enjoyed watching Wimbledon.  I remember she and I watching the Saturday morning broadcast of it together when it was called "Breakfast At Wimbledon."  She would have my bowl of cereal on one of the TV trays in the family room and I'd eat breakfast while she drank her coffee and we'd watch tennis.  We also did the same on the morning of the Fourth of July.  That was pretty much the only time she watched tennis, but it was something special that she and I did.  She wasn't into sports all that much and looking back now it's surprising that she was interested in Wimbledon. But anyhoo, today I thought of Gram as I was watching.

No comments: