Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Faith Is Restored

I had to wait almost 10 minutes today at the library to check out my books, but for once, I didn't mind the wait at all -- because in front of me in the line were kids of all ages checking out armfuls of books.  There were kids who looked barely able to read, on up to teenagers.  I know that school is out for some kids and this week is the last week for the public schools, so the kids weren't checking them out for school projects; they were checking them out because they want to read.  Oh how that did my heart good.  In this day and age when most people my age read books on their tablets and other e-readers,  I wanted to go to each kid and either hug them or high five them and tell to keep up their reading of actual old school books. 

These kids were getting books to read because they wanted to.  TWIT commends each of the kids and teenagers I saw at the library this morning.  You all most definitely get the TWIT Hat's Off. 

No comments: