Sunday, February 10, 2013

Link Of The Week

While I was laying in bed recuperating from the cold/cough/crap, I watched a very interesting program on PBS - it was a documentary about an old-timer that made mountain dulcimers.  Having 3 dulcimers in the house (one is a gorgeous hammer dulcimer and the other two are mountain dulcimers) I had to watch.  They showed the old-timer making one from start to finish.  I was impressed.  After watching the show, it reminded me a link someone sent me this week about a couple of guys that make musical instruments from ordinary things you'd find in the garbage.  After watching the video, it reminded me of when I was little and would tried to make guitars out of cigar boxes.  Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/landfillharmonicmovie.  You'll be impressed.

No comments: