Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wacky Winter Weather Update

The weatherazzi has all of Louisville in a tizzy over the forecasted straight-line winds of 70 mph tonight as the big storm front passes through the 'Ville.  As I type this, the temp is currently 66 and will rise as the evening goes on to the low 70's, breaking the record high for this date.  The warmer the temps are tonight, the worse the storms will be.  From what I've seen on Dopplar radar, this front is massive, and stretches from the middle of Texas well northeast into Lake Superior. 

They predict the storm will move through Louisville between 2 and 4 in the morning, bringing with it the previously mentioned 70 mph winds and a lot of rain.  After the front moves through, the temps will plummet from the 70's early morning to the 30's by late afternoon.

I'm planning on going to bed early tonight, because I know as soon as the storm starts I'll be up and watching the weatherazzi live on the TV coverage.  As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: