Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Remembering Grandma

It's hard to believe that it's been 13 years since Grandma left us.  My dear friend JTB remembers the day every year because she has it written in her prayer book, and each year on the anniversary of Grandma's death, JTB will either call or email me and say she's praying for my family today as we remember and celebrate Grandma's long life.

Early this morning, Mom and Dad and I had coffee out on the back porch, and we had an awesome time of reminiscing about Grandma. Grandma was one of the best cooks ever, so a lot of our memories this morning were of her cooking or of foods she liked or didn't like.  For instance, she couldn't stand root beer, olives or mushrooms.  But she enjoyed a good pizza; her favorite was from Mr. Gattis. And she loved Orange Crush. 

I still miss you, Gram.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.

No comments: