Friday, October 12, 2012

Flashback Friday

Way, way back in the day, my Grandma was a New York Yankees fan.  October was her favorite time of the year with the MLB playoffs and the World Series. It was the one time of the year that she didn't mind her soap operas being preempted for baseball games.  She would schedule her day around the playoff baseball games.  She planned suppers accordingly.  We had lots of soups and chili suppers on nights when there were playoff games, but that was cool with the family.

Much to our family friends' dismay, Grandma loved the New York Yankees, mainly because she loved Reggie Jackson.  I'm not sure how this happened but it did.  Somewhere in the basement, there is a picture of Grandma in her rocking chair wearing a Yankees ball cap.  I'd give anything if I could find it. I've been on a massive search for the past few nights and if I can find the picture, I'll scan it in and post it on here.  Till then, we'll just have to live in the memory of Gram wearing a Yankees cap.

No comments: