Friday, October 26, 2012

Flashback Friday

I had to drop off some work stuff up the street last night at my boss' house, and on my way home I decided to treat myself to a Holiday Mint McFlurry at McD's.  The giant plastic spoon they put it in reminded me of the old school plastic medicine spoons as seen on the left.  I did some quick research and found out that the medicine spoons are still around today.

Whoever invented the medicine spoon should have made a fortune from it - I'm sure mothers everywhere bought them like crazy to use to give their kids the standard pink liquid medicine prescribed by the doctor.  Today, I'm told the liquid medicine comes in a variety of flavors.  But I digress.  I remember Mom and Grandma using the spoon to give me cough medicine.  I'm sure most of the cough syrup would have ended up on me or them without using said spoon.

No comments: