Friday, October 5, 2012

Flashback Friday

It's hard for me to believe that this week mark's the 50th anniversary of the debut episode of the Beverly Hillbillies.  Actually, the debut was last week, but I'm using my artistic privileges and saying this week.  But I digress.

Fifty years ago, the world was introduced to the Beverly Hillbillies.  The family that taught us about the cement pond, vittles, the fancy eatin' table, and weeeee doggies.

I'm proud to say that the Beverly Hillbillies is one of my all time favorite TV shows.  I've seen just about all of the episodes, and I still watch it when it's on during the week.

I wasn't quite born yet when the first episode of the Beverly Hillbillies came on TV, but I came along a year later. And one of my earliest memories of watching TV as a little kid was of episodes of the Hillbillies. 

If this were a prime-time comedy show today, it probably wouldn't last two weeks because it wasn't filled with sexual innuendos. But I am thankful that it was on the air in the 60's and 70's, and today.

No comments: