Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cry Baby

With the exception of my office, everywhere I went today I encountered a kid crying. Never mind that a lot of us in the office felt like crying today.  But I digress. 

It started this morning when I stopped at McDonald's to use my Monopoly free smoothie game piece.  The drive-thru line was wrapped around the building but there were only a couple of people inside so I parked and went in to order.  In front of me was a young woman with not one but two crying kids.

At church tonight, as we were walking across the parking lot we heard a kid crying. It was the daughter of one of our ministers of music who in my opinion has the best singing voice I have ever heard.  Yes, I rank her up there with Patsy Cline, Ann Wilson and Emmylou Harris.  I'm here to tell you the kid has a set of lungs like her mother, with the way she was wailing in the parking lot. 

After church, I dropped off Dad and then went to the library, and imagine my surprise in front of me in the line as I was waiting to check out my books was yet another kid crying.  On second thought, this kid was screaming. Evidently she didn't know that you're supposed to be quiet in the library.

After putting my books in the car, I walked through the shopping center to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, and lo and behold, on just about every aisle that I stopped, there was a kid crying.

Believe me when I tell you that when I got back to the car with my groceries, I felt like banging my head against the steering wheel and having a good cry myself.

No comments: