Thursday, May 10, 2012

Farewell, Lenora

I am very sad tonight to say farewell to a dear, sweet friend, Lenora.  She would have bee 97 on her next birthday.  She was a dear friend of ours that we grew to love during our time at Fourth Avenue Baptist and beyond. 

I'm around some basketball radicals and fanatics at work, but I would venture to say that Lenora was probably the #1 UofL fan in the world.  If anyone called her during a UofL basketball game, she didn't answer the phone.  I can sure admire that devotion.

During the time I was priviledged to spend with her in our Sunday School class at FAB, every so often Lenora would ask a question and our teacher just couldn't answer it.  Lenora would say that she was adding that question to her list of questions to ask when she got to heaven.  So I'm sure that she's had Peter, Paul, and others busy the past day answering her questions.

Mom talked to Lenora every Sunday.  Either she would call Lenora, or Lenora would call her.  And almost every Sunday, Mom said that Lenora would mention the "grand" Easter that she spent with us when we had my best friend in the world and her two children come over for Easter dinner and a very impromptu Easter egg hunt.  It in deed was a grand Easter.

This past Sunday when Lenora didn't call, and when Mom called and didn't get an answer, Mom knew something was wrong.  Lenora had fallen and broke her hip, and passed away yesterday morning. 

You will be missed, Lenora.  But I thank the Lord for the lives that you have touched - especially mine.

No comments: