Monday, May 7, 2012

Derby 2012 Reflections

Kentucky Derby 138 is history and today is just another day for people to re-coop and re-group after a week plus of partying and festivities. 

I'm happy to report that the Old Man had the winner.  He even had ten across the board on I'll Have Another and he got back almost three hundred bucks from his bet.  Not a bad day at the office.

As for me, I'm glad that the big hoopla is over. I have a year to get ready for the next Taste of Derby Festival and the Great Steamboat Race.  I'm sure I'll be nerved up as usual when next year's events roll around.  But that's how I roll.

As for the rest, it's bittersweet.  It's pretty sad that for the past two mornings on national TV morning shows, the first story has been about the dead body found in one of the horse barns at Churchill Downs. I first heard about it yesterday morning while I was watching "Good Morning, America" while getting ready for church.  And then again this morning on GMA, it was the lead story. With this murder mystery unfolding, people will have a hard time remembering about how I'll Have Another won this year's Derby.

No comments: