Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thank Your Lucky Clouds

We had some heavy storms move through in the early hours this morning - the first round came through at about 1:30 and the second wave came through about two hours late. Both storms came from the west, and Dad and I both agree that the rain pounding the west side of the house (my bedroom and part of their bedroom) was the heaviest pelting of rain hitting the windows of the house that we've ever experienced. During both storms I got up and turned on the TV to make sure we weren't in the middle of a tornado.

When I was going back to sleep after the 3:30 round of storms I thought of one thing: all of the crazy, obsessed Black Friday shoppers that will be out at midnight Thursday night waiting in line had better thank their lucky clouds, er, stars, that the storm moved through last night instead of Thursday night or else they would have been in big trouble.

No comments: