Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Computer Problems, Day 1

I'm frustrated to report that today is day one of not having the desktop computer here at home. I reluctantly unplugged everything this morning and lugged the computer to the shop during a pouring rain during lunchtime today, in hopes of getting the big problem fixed. For the past few months, the computer would either freeze up or just shut down for no apparent reason. I did countless virus scans and updates, to no avail. Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. At one point I was ready to go get the new pump action shotgun and shoot the computer. But I calmed down.

The shop said they're only running two business days on their work log, so there's a chance I could get it back by the weekend. Until then, I'll be using the tiny netbook. I'm just thankful I have it to use to connect to the worldwide web or else I'd be beside myself.

No comments: