Friday, November 19, 2010

Frustrating Friday

As I type this, faithful readers, my desktop computer is operating in Safe Mode. After screwing around with it for over a half an hour, including a dozen failed attempts to get it to boot up, I finally just got in Safe Mode and have been able to work on my research paper that is saved on this computer and that is due Sunday.

If you remember anything about me after reading TWIT for the past 5 years, then you know I'm a procrastinator. A few months after I got this computer it started freezing up and after shutting it off it would boot back up and work fine for months. Well, the problem has gotten increasingly worse, and Sunday night I was ready to take it out in the back yard and shoot it with our new pump action shotgun. But I was able to get it up and running this week, only to have it crap again tonight. It makes no sense. I've been running it in Safe Mode for 20 minutes now and it's fine. But yet when I try to start it in regular mode, it will try to boot up then it shuts down and tries to restart Windows. Over and over and over.

Once I get this paper fine-tuned and submitted tomorrow, I'm going to unplug this @#&%er and take it back to the computer shop that built it. At least it has a lifetime warranty so it won't cost me anything except inconvenience.

As always, I'll keep you posted. If I can.

No comments: