Saturday, April 3, 2021

Sad News From The Compound

 After a great week with such awesome happy news about the Old Man, we had a set back last night.  In the chicken coop, we are now down to 3. 

I've noticed for the past two months one of the hens has been laying her egg either on the coop floor, the floor of the pen, or heaven forbid, on the ground underneath the coop.  So that led me to believe she was afraid to go to the nesting box to lay.

But every few nights, I would go and pick up each of the four hens and check to make sure there were no feathers missing nor any bloody spots.  And all was well until last night.  I went to get eggs and saw one of my pretty girls that had gone on to meet her maker. 

At this point, there's nothing I can do.  It's like Survivor - wait and see if there's one hen standing.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: