Monday, August 10, 2020

Sad News From The Compound

 I am very sad to report that we lost one of our Girls today.  

I noticed yesterday morning that she was either being extremely broody, or just was sick.  I picked her up last night and she didn't squawk, so I knew something was wrong.  But she came out of the coop when her five sisters were eating their favorite snack, mashed potatoes, so I thought there was hope.  

I checked on her this morning before work, and she was in one of the nesting boxes, and once again, didn't squawk when I picked her up and loved on her.  But tonight when I came home from work and checked on her, she was a goner. 

RIP, my Girl.  You would be hard pressed to find any other chicken that was loved on and cared for and spoiled like her and her five sisters. 

No comments: