Tuesday, December 1, 2015

So Much For Watching Grey's Anatomy

For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed a splinter or small metal shaving in my right pinkie finger.  I tried drawing salve at first, but it didn't help.  I just forgot about it until today when it became more noticeable.  I enlisted the help of the Steadiest Hands In The Office, and she and I went to the office of the head of Q.C. and used his lighted microscope to see the foreign objects.  The Steadiest Hands used one of my sewing kit needles sterilized in alcohol and tried to dig the object out but she stopped because in her sweet, sweet nature, she didn't want to hurt me.

Tonight after supper, I soaked my finger in warm Epsom salt for over a half an hour, and without the lighted microscope, I couldn't see the object, but I could still feel it.

Tomorrow, we will try the operation again.  Wish us luck.

As always, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: