Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Who Cares?

The title for this post can be both a question, and a statement, sorta, but it fits.  

When I got home tonight, I checked the family room coffee table for any mail that might have come for me today.  The 'Rents put my mail in a certain spot on the coffee table by Dad's recliner.  But I digress.  In the stack was the almost-daily letter from AT&T begging me to get U-Verse, a couple brochure from Rite-Aid, and a greeting card from one of the sweetest little old ladies at church.  After quickly opening the U-Verse letter and putting it along with the envelope inside the postage-paid envelope so I cam mail it back to AT&T (which I have been doing for quite some time now out of frustration with them hounding me to get U-Verse), I quickly opened the greeting card from Sweet Margaret.  The front said simply "Thinking of you today".  It made me smile.  I opened it up, and the card wished me a happy birthday.  I smiled even bigger.  Who cares that today is not my birthday?  Sweet Margaret thought enough about me to send me a card, and she is most definitely one who cares.  

I'm keeping this card forever. I wish everybody had someone who cares like Sweet Margaret. 

No comments: