Saturday, October 27, 2007

Chilvary Is Not Dead

I had alot of running around to do this morning, and in between stops, I noticed that "low beam" came up on the display on my dashboard.  At first, I thought it meant that I had my low beam lights on, but after consulting the one-inch thick owners manual for the BMW, I discovered that it meant that one of my low beam headlights was out.  Not a problem - what's one more stop today?  So I pulled in one of the many local auto parts stores and picked up a replacement bulb.  It only set me back ten bucks - quite the bargain for a replacement part for a BMW, let me tell you. 

I left the store and popped the hood on the car, and thought I would be able to take the old bulb out and put the new one in without too much trouble.  Well, as soon as I opened the hood on the car, it must have emitted some fragrance to attract the men.  I looked up and there were 3 men around the BMW, asking if they could help me.  Granted, I did look cute today, and wasn't wearing my normal Saturday sweat suit, and I was also wearing my beloved Obsession cologne, so maybe that had a hand in it.  At first, they were in awe of the twelve cylindar engine, and after looking at it for a few seconds, one asked if he could help.  I said "Sure" and handed him the new bulb.  In just a minute, my knight in shining armor had reached and stretched his arm in and changed the bulb for me.  Let me say that the other two guys were looking over his shoulder, ready to take over the task if he was having trouble.  And who says chivalry is dead?  Maybe it had too do with the slate blue suede blouse I was wearing that made my piercing blue eyes stand out.  Or maybe it was because the blouse showed some cleavage.  I'll never know.  All I know is a very nice guy helped me out today.  I know his mother would be proud that she raised such a kind boy.

No comments: