Sunday, May 31, 2020

Covid19 Update 5-30-20

I made my regularly scheduled trip to Kroger's yesterday morning.  The store shelves were almost fully stocked - there were plenty of canned vegetables, Raman noodles, Spam, bread, and yes, even toilet paper.  In agreement with other reports around the city and country, meat prices have skyrocketed.  But either you pay it because you want it, or you do without.  Bud I digress. Yesterday, I would say that the mask-to-no-mask ratio was back to 50/50.  

On a quasi-related note, stores, restaurants and bars were complaining bigtime last night, and will probably complain again tonight, because the Mayor placed a dusk-to-dawn curfew due to the violent riots.  I heard that our local Kroger's and WalMart closed at 7:00 last night, and will do so again today.  I realize that the restaurants and bars just opened back up a couple of days ago and it sucks, but it could keep them from getting looted and destroyed, so I would just suck it up for a few more days.  They've already sucked it up for over two months - what's a few more days?

No comments: