Friday, May 1, 2020

Covid19 Update 5-1-20

Today was a better day on the network.  I only got kicked off 4 times today.  And that makes for a good work-from-home-day.

We got the official word this afternoon from our company president that those of us working from home will do so for at least until the end of May.  

I made a necessary change in my home office today.  I ran up to Wal-Mart (wearing my PPE, of course) and got a cheap desk lamp to put on the kitchen table for some more light.  It's been a tad bit too dark at my office end of the dining room table.  This will take care of it. 

The previous changes that had been in place for the factory have changed, and all factory employees are expected (key word) to report on Monday morning.  Previously, if they didn't show up and the absence wasn't already approved, they would not have gotten it counted against them.  But that jig is up now.  Stay tuned.  I'm sure Monday will be interesting. 

As restrictions ease, I'm still leery.  I will probably wear my mask for the next six months when I go out in public.  


No comments: