Tuesday, December 27, 2016

What A Day

Thank the Lord that this day ended up better than it started out. 

I stopped at Walmart on my way to work this morning, only to realize that my wallet wasn't in my purse. At first I thought it was in the bottom of my purse, so I didn't think much of it.  When I got to work, I dumped my purse out onto my desk, and when I didn't find my wallet, panic set in.  I ran out to the Blazer and looked in the front, back and hatch and didn't find it. I came back in and attempted to work but I couldn't focus.  

At 9:00, I called home like I usually do every morning, and asked the 'Rents to look on the kitchen table and around the house, but they didn't find it either.  Then full-fledged panic set in. 

The last time I knew for sure I had my wallet was when I picked up our carry-out last night at Tumbleweed.  I called them at 10:00 this morning, and the person that answered said that nobody turned in a wallet yesterday.  By this time I had been to the bathroom and thrown up a few times.  

On a whim, I got on Facebook at the Dixie Highway page, and posted a picture of my wallet with a note about where I thought I lost it.  A few ladies on the page shared the post.  One of the ladies that shared the post's mother happened to be a manager at Tumbleweed and saw the post.  She saw the post and called her daughter and told her to get in touch with me because she found my wallet and had put it in the restaurant's safe until they could get in touch with me.  What are the chances????

It turns out that as I was leaving the carry-out area, my wallet fell out of my raincoat pocket. A few minutes after I left, another customer came in and saw my wallet and picked it up and handed it to the manager.  Once again, what are the chances?

I picked it up after work, and not a dime or card was missing.  Once again, what are the chances?

My faith is restored, and I am lucky, blessed, overjoyed, ______ fill in the blank, at what happened.  There are still some honest people in this crazy old world.

No comments: