Saturday, December 31, 2016

Farewell, 2016

Dear 2016:

You'll be gone in about 12 hours, and your descendant 2017 will take over where you left off.  I honestly can't say that I'm glad to see you go, but I know a lot of people that are going tell you good riddance.  

You were pretty good to me and my family.  You helped see Mom and Dad through another year of being healthy and happy, and for that I'm thankful.  

You helped me make it through another year at work, which in itself, was a pretty big feat.  There were a few times this year when I was one step away from typing out my letter or resignation, but you challenged me and helped me to change my attitude to hang in there.  And for that I am thankful. 

You gave me the opportunity to start a new venture.  I never thought that when I painted my first barn art quilt pattern picture that it would snowball into a side business.  You gave me and Dad the opportunity to work together. And for that I am thankful.  

You reminded me that things aren't always what they seem.  When I bought our used 99 Ranger truck this summer, we thought we were getting a good deal.  I wish you'd also reminded me that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.  But you taught me to be aware. Yes, I will be the first to admit that I got screwed over buying the truck, but thanks to lessons learned from one dishonest mechanic, and from one very reputable and trustworthy mechanic, it's roadworthy and ready to haul home more plywood for us to paint in 2017.  And for that I am thankful. 

Farewell, 2016.  Welcome 2017.


No comments: