Wednesday, December 14, 2016

And A Good Time Was Had By All

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take off this week because I needed to use up 5 vacation days or I would lose them, and I sure as hell wasn't about to let that happen.  I mentioned it to my Favorite Cousin who is just three hours away in Indiana, and she and her husband were all too happy to come down this week for a visit.  One thing led to another, and before we knew it, the Old Man's two cousins and their spouses from Breckenridge County were coming up and we had a Holiday Gala on our hands. 

Last night was one of the most awesome holiday gatherings I've ever been a part of.  The food was awesome, but just being together was even better.  We sat around the dining room table, laughing and telling old stories, bringing up old memories and making new memories.  When the last relative left, I told the 'Rents that we could take the Christmas tree down right now, because to me, I've already had my Christmas. Next to celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus, being with family is what it's all about.

No comments: