Monday, March 21, 2016

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Yesterday evening, I stopped at Krogers on the way home from my usual Sunday afternoon visit with Diva Stacy.  Keep in mind this is as usual as my Sunday afternoon visit with Diva Stacy.  But I digress.  While at Krogers, I kept running into a very strange guy.  He had on a hoodie, with the hood tied tightly around his face, almost like the Uni-Bomber.  He was a very nervous guy, and was zipping in and out of the aisle. 

Flash forward to the self-check lines.  The Uni-Bomber Wannabe was in the lane next to me.  I had checked out almost all of my groceries, and picked up the gallon jug of milk from my cart, only to have it drop to the floor.  I was there standing with milk splattered all over me, holding nothing but the handle part of the milk jug while the rest was on the floor.  A second before the jug of milk hit the floor, the Uni-Bomber Wannabe sprang into action, and he was able to catch it, keeping about half of the gallon of milk from hitting the floor.  And as quick as he caught the broken jug, he was there by my side, asking if I was OK, and grabbing some paper towels from the nearby clerk's area to hand to me to soak up some of the milk that had splattered on my coat.  And he even ran back to the dairy section and got me another gallon of milk, too, and put it in the cart for me.  

As I was pushing my grocery cart out to the car, I felt bad for being prejudiced or biased or whatever.  That was a very nice, polite and kind young man, and I prejudged him. He sure made an impression on me.  I hope that I will run into him again at our Krogers, so I can thank him for his kindness.

No comments: