Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Life Of An Artist

As I type this post, I am in between painting on not one but three barn art quilt blocks.  So far, we've sold 3, and have orders for 3 more, not including a big 3 foot by 3 foot block that we (me) are painting to go on the front of the garage.  So far, I am going to have half of a booth at a big bluegrass music festival in the south end in mid-May (a coworker in the plant has the booth and is graciously going to let me share it with him) and I am in the process of applying for booth space in 5 other festivals.  Our goal is to have at least 20 of the pictures for our first festival booth.  So far, we are on track.  

I never imagined that this would take off as much as it has.  And I am the first to admit that the painting is therapeutic -- just like the adult coloring books.  Once I get past the OCD stage of deciding what colors to use on a block, I'm home free.  


No comments: