Sunday, March 6, 2016

Something You Don't Hear Every Day

We all decided that we wanted Taco Bell for lunch today, so after we got home from church, I dropped off the 'Rents at The Compound and headed up to Taco Bell.  I saw that the drive-thru had a lot of cars in the line, so I parked and went inside.  There was one customer before me, with four family members trying (key word) to place their order).  While I was waiting, behind me in line was a guy that looked to be in his late 30's, along with a guy that looked to be in his late teens.  The 30-something guy was very hacked off that it was taking so long.  Here is the transcript of the conversation that occurred:

30's guy: [insert exasperated noise].  Hahhhhh.  They are just catering to the drive-thru people.  The drive-thru people are just too lazy to come in. 

Me: [after waiting a few minutes for 30's guy to shut the hell up].  Excuse me - I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that you would much rather for the "lazy people" as you call them to get their food from the drive-thru, instead of having drive-thru mothers and fathers have to park their car and bring their hungry kids inside just to get their food to take home."  

30's guy: not another word was spoken about how long it was taking for our order, nor about the drive-through people. 

No comments: