Saturday, September 6, 2014

Security Tip Saturday

A coworker gave me some recipes last week for some pasta sauces that use fresh tomatoes.  I was glad to get the copies of the recipes, but when I happened to look at the back of the pieces of paper, I noticed that he copied the recipes on the back side of some things he'd printed out from his online banking site.  One of the papers had to do with his account info for his online banking.  I was scared to death for him. There was his username, password and a link where to sign in - all in plain view.   I copied the recipes on my trusty Lexmark printer/copier and gave the originals back to him with a friendly warning to shred them immediately.  

So take a few minutes and shred or burn anything that you print out that has to do with your online banking, online shopping, or anything that has personal and confidential info on it.  

No comments: