Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sauerkraut Update

I'm not sure what has happened, but tonight we had to lug the heavy stone crock of sauerkraut out to the field and dump it out.  Like I said, I don't know what happened.  Every week I did what I was supposed to do -- I made sure there was water covering the kraut in the crock.  But tonight when I checked, it was just, ewwww.  That's about all I can say.

We learned some valuable lessons this summer.  The first being that we have no business making sauerkraut, especially since it cost me over two months of not being able to fully use my right hand after shredding the cabbage.  Second, why go through all of this trouble when we can buy the kraut ready to go.  

I don't think we'll make homemade kraut again, but I'm glad we had the experience.  I think. 

No comments: