Saturday, April 19, 2014

File Under: WTF?

Earlier this week, I stopped at a convenience store close to our company to get a bottle of juice.  As I was in line waiting to get checked out, I discoverd that their POS server/system was down and they were only accepting cash.  No problem with me.  But it was a problem with a lot of people who were getting all pissy and stomping out of the store. 

Friday morning, I stopped again at the store to buy some biscuits and gravy for my only employee on Friday.  When I got to the counter, I saw many signs placed around the counter and store saying "cash only."  I assumed that the POS server/system was still down.  As I was waiting for my biscuits and gravy, a young woman pointed at one of the "cash only" signs and asked one of the clerks "What does this mean?"  The clerk looked at her like she had three heads. The young woman, obiviously irritated, said "This 'cash only' sign - what does it mean?"  The clerk looked at her very sternly and said "Cash only." 

I don't make this stuff up.  I just witness it.

No comments: