Thursday, January 16, 2014

Parking Lot Crash of 2013 Final Update, I Hope

After a full day of driving and waiting, and driving and waiting some more, I am very proud to say that the old Blazer is back and is road-worthy.  

The day started out with me driving the Blazer up to the sheriff's to get it inspected.  It took longer to drive there than the actual inspection process.  But I digress.  After it was inspected, I drove it back home, ate breakfast, and then got in the Odyessy for a trip to Frankfort to get the title crap taken care of.  Once again, it took longer to drive there than the actual time spent at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. 

Once I got back in Louisville, the next stop was the Jefferson County Clerk's office to get the license and registration crap taken care of.  Once again, this process took almost as long as the round-trip to Frankfort.  When I got there, I was ticket number 87, and they had just called ticket 51.  

When that was finished, I then stopped by my office to use the fax machine to fax a bunch of paperwork to my insurance company.  After they quickly called me back to tell me everything was in order, I headed home. 

As soon as I got out of the Odyessy, I grabbed a screwdriver from the garage and put the license plate on and then pulled the Blazer back into the garage where she belongs.  It's been three months to the day since she'd been in the safety of The Compound.  It sure is good to have her back. 

 

No comments: