Monday, January 6, 2014

Another First Snow Storm of 2014 Update

Even though I love the snow, I was thrilled that we barely got a dusting in Louisville.  And what few flakes we had were blown around from the wind.  But we did have the record low temps.  When I left the house this morning it was -2 and it stayed close to that all day long.  As I type this, it's 1 degree according to the thermometer at Louisville International Airport. 

I was as warm as could be this morning.  I had on my long underwear, two pair of socks, and topped it off with my new Good Shepherd Security Consulting winter coat, Nordic ski cap and gloves.  In fact, I was a bit too warm.  My ride to work was late, and I had to take my coat off while I waited.  

I forgot to start getting ready to leave work a few minutes before quitting time today, and I didn't want to make my ride home wait while I went and put on my long johns, and boy, could I tell it on the walk through the parking lot.  I will make sure I make time tomorrow afternoon.  

 
 

No comments: