Friday, January 31, 2014

Flashback Friday

As I already mentioned, my birthday was Monday, and to honor the occasion, the 'Rents dug around and found the recipe that Grandma used when she made my birthday cake every year -- it was titled Wellesley's Chocolate Fudge Cake." 

When they said they would be making that cake, I started reminiscing about how moist and fudgey that the cake was back in the day when Grandma made it.

No offense to the 'Rents, but the cake didn't taste anywhere near what Grandma's cake tasted like.  It was good and chocolatey, but it just wasn't like the cake Grandma made.  Of course, I would never tell the 'Rents that, and as I type this, there is one small slice of the cake left and it's in the freezer.  But it just wasn't the same. Grandma's cake was very moist and very fudgey.  This cake wasn't.  And I know for a fact that the 'Rents followed Grandma's recipe to the letter.  I guess it's just one of those things.

No comments: