Friday, January 3, 2014

Flashback Friday

I know I'm getting older and starting to get forgetful, but I don't remember when the cold has bothered us more than it does right now. 

Today at work and in talking with friends, the big topic of conversation is the forecast for Monday - the weatherazzi is calling for a high on Monday of zero degrees.  Yep, a high of zero.  I honestly don't ever remember us having a high of zero.

Back in the day when the weatherazzi wasn't as radical and militant as they are today, we didn't get all that worked up over a cold weather forecast.  DUHHHH - it's winter and it's supposed to be cold.  But somehow today we think it's much, much worse.  As I type this, the network news is just now coming on and the lead story is the big snowstorm and cold temperatures that's covering the eastern half of the country.  Twenty or thirty years ago, I don't think winter weather would have made it to the first news story. 

No comments: