Saturday, November 23, 2013

Strange Saturday

I had to go to work for half of a day for inventory, and when I got home, I was greeted with some strange news.  A friend had called the house this morning to just chat with us. Since I wasn't home, she chatted with the Old Man and then my Sweet Mother.  Both of them reported that they had a great phone convo with our friend.

This reminded me that in this day and age, hardly anyone has phone conversations with friends.  It's usually by text or email.  This phone call today was very refreshing.  It makes me kinda sad that my close friends don't ever call me anymore - they usually get in touch by text or email.  I still like to hear (or even better, see) a person when we are having communication.  I truly miss the physical interation, even if it is by voice. 

It's not New Year's Day yet, but in the new year, I am going to be better at either talking or being with my friends.  Because the texting thing just isn't cutting it.

No comments: