Monday, November 18, 2013

File Under: WTF?

I borrowed the car today and drove to work, and on the way home stopped by one of our favorite grocery stores, Aldi's.  I went with the main goal of getting a spiral-sliced ham.  I'm fed up with paying out the ass for processed lunchmeat that you hardly get two sandwiches from the package.  So I decided to get a ham.  Well, half a ham.  And when I got to the store, I got the only spiral-sliced ham in the entire store.  Yes, the only one.  Keep in mind Thanksgiving is just a week and a half away; you'd think the store would be full of spiral-sliced hams for all of the folks that don't like turkey. 

I picked up a few other things and then went through the check-out line, only to have the clerk make a comment about how she thought there weren't any more spiral-sliced hams in the store.  She had the voice of experience; she said she'd fielded a dozen or more phone calls today from people asking if they had any spiral-sliced hams.  I guess the store clerks didn't see the one spiral-sliced ham in the refrigerator case. 

As soon as I got home tonight, Mom took the ham out of my hands and immediately opened it and cut a few slices off for us for supper.  It was awesome, and I cannot wait for lunch tomorrow so I can have a ham sandwich.

But who knew?  I got the only spiral-sliced ham in the store.  I'm glad I didn't have to fight anybody over it.

No comments: