Friday, November 8, 2013

Flashback Friday

On this Flashback Friday, TWIT would like to wish Bonnie Raitt a happy 64th birthday.  During her career, she has won a prestigious 10 Grammy awards - the latest earlier this year. 

I didn't know it was Bonnie Raitt's birthday until I was driving home from work this evening.  I was on my way back to The Compound after picking up our usual Friday night fish, and couldn't find anything on the radio so I hit the "seek" button and it came to rest on the Louisville Free Public Library radio station.  They were playing an entire hour of Bonnie Raitt songs in her honor.  

I'm not going to lie and say Bonnie Raitt is the reason that I decided to play the guitar; you all already know that distinction goes to Nancy Wilson.  But Bonnie Raitt is an inspiration because at 64, she is still rocking with the best of them.  

I've had the privilege of seeing Bonnie Raitt three times in concert, and each time, I was thoroughly entertained.  I repeat, she can still rock with the best of them. 

Happy birthday, Bonnie Raitt. Keep on rocking. 

No comments: