Monday, May 13, 2013

Problem Solved

When we last left our heroine, she was in the midst of the Great Garage Door Opener Crisis.  Let's tune in and see what happened on today's episode.

I left work a bit early so I would be able to make it to the garage door place before they closed at 5:00.  I got there at a quarter till, only to find the door locked. I was walking back to the car when the owner drove over.  He was trying to sneak out early like I was, only he was going to play golf.  He gladly unlocked the door and was eager to help me.

I explained the situation, and he said it sounded like it wasn't the remotes, but instead the sensors that are in the garage.  I told him that was a good thought, but that didn't explain how the third remote would open and close the door.  He was one of the most honest store owners I've dealt with; he said that he would sell me two new remotes if I really wanted two new ones, or he said for me to try resetting the remotes instead.  Each remote was $34 each so I'm pretty sure you can guess which route I chose.  He told me to press the red button on the back of the opener for one second and the press the button on the remote for one second, and that this process would reset the remotes and they should work.  It took Dad longer to get the ladder over out than it did to reset both remotes and just like the very honest and ethical garage door store man said, they worked.  Problem solved.

No comments: