Saturday, May 11, 2013

Open Sesame

We've had a big mystery for the past few days at The Compound, and the 'Rents and I have tried (key word) to solve it but no dice.  Thursday night before he went to bed, The Old Man (Dad, in case you've forgotten) spent a half an hour trying to get the garage door to close.  The remote would work for a second and the door would start down, only to stop and go back up.  He finally was able to get it to close by keeping his finger on the switch on the wall, and then going out the side door.  Yesterday morning, I thought our problem was solved when I used the remote in the house and the door opened just fine.  But we were back at square one when I had to do the same thing as dad did last night. 

We thought (another key word) we'd found the problem this morning.  The remote in the 'Rents ride opened AND closed the door just fine.  So we thought (here we go again) it was the battery.  I ran up to the corner and got new batteries and put them in the other two remotes, only to find that they wouldn't open nor close the door.  Once again back to square one.  At least we have one remote that will work.  That will have to do until Monday when I can take  both non-working remotes to a garage door shop after work and see how much $$$ it will cost me.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: