Friday, May 17, 2013

Flashback Friday

I normally never think about this, but today on my long way home from work I thought about my Big Wreck back in 1992. 

The weather conditions were the same - it was drizzling today, like it was that day back in July 1992, and I was thinking about it all at the same time I had the wreck.  I guess I thought about it because I drove past a horrific wreck that was very similar to my wreck. 

The difference was I made it home this trip, unlike that night back in July of 1992.  I made it home safe and sound, complete with my bags of carry-out for our supper; unlike the SUV that was at the brunt end of the wreck today.

It all just made me think back to that night, and for a few minutes I felt the emotions I felt that night back in 1991.  It also made me say some extra prayers of thanks for the way my wreck turned out.

It never ceases to amaze me at how the Lord uses all of the things going on around us to get our attention.

No comments: