Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm A Geek

I rushed home from work today, making sure I left promptly at 4:30 and didn't may any stops along the way home.  I wanted to get home as soon as I could and get online and watch this evening's "Ring Of Fire" solar eclipse.  It gets its name for the ring shape created by the moon blocking part of the sun's light.  The 'ring of fire' or 'annular' solar eclipse is visible in certain parts of Australia and the Southern Pacific Ocean. That's a pretty small range, and depending on weather conditions, even people in the region may not be able to see the celestial event. But I have been able to watch it online for the past hour.  I even took my dinner plate in here and ate supper at the computer desk while I watched.  Yes, I was that interested in it.

Maybe I am a geek but at least this is a small deviation from all of the problems in the world right now.




No comments: